If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus
- DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT!
- Remain calm, clear the area
- Immediately call Police at 911, the designated emergency response number.
If you receive a bomb threat by phone:
- Don’t Hang Up!
- If possible, have someone else call 911.
- Keep talking to the caller as long as possible.
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your address
- What is your name?
- While talking to the caller listen for: speech pattern, accent, background noise, and other
- If caller hangs up, Do Not hang up your phone. Use another phone line to immediately notify Police at 911, the designated emergency response number.
- If the threat of an explosion is imminent, evacuate the building. Activate the fire alarm. Follow Evacuation Procedures.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the Public Safety or Fire Personnel.